In our Liftfoils Europe frequently asked questions section we want to answer most of the questions we got so far.
We also provide tutorial videos which will answer some of your questions.
SAFETY – What type of safety features exist in the eFoil.
The most important safety feature to note is the use of protective equipment and caution while using the product to avoid injury while riding. We will provide videos and tutorials to aid the owners in their learning experience.
MAINTENANCE – How much maintenance does the Lift eFoil require?
Our components and cables are triple sealed from moisture and composed of high quality corrosion resistant materials requiring little to no maintenance.
The most important maintenance is to regularly inspect your board for damages that could have occurred after wipeouts and/or regular use.
Proper cleaning with fresh water and storage outside the sun after use is also advised.
EASY TO USE – Who can use a Lift eFoil?
Larger people are capable of riding a Lift eFoil, but our factory recommendations are 100 lbs. – 235 lbs (45 – 110 kg).
What is the difficulty level?
People who have any experience surfing, skateboarding, snowboarding and/or foiling will quickly be able to master the Lift eFoil.For those with no experience, do not worry.
It’s very easy to learn how to use a Lift eFoil. The engineers at Lift specifically designed a system that is easy to use and fun for all types of levels- from beginners to advanced riders.
How do I use a Lift eFoil?
The feeling of flight is one of the most exhilarating experiences you’ll sense.
- We recommend you start by getting a feel for the board and the hand control by lying down on the board first.
- Once you feel comfortable slowly begin to ride on your knees.
- Once you master riding on your knees feel free to stand up.
- Once standing, get a feel for the ride under your feet.
- DO NOT attempt to elevate until you feel comfortable and balanced on the board.
- Once you feel comfortable and balanced on the board while standing, begin to Lift by slowly accelerating and shifting your weight back, touching and going until you get the hang of it and feel balanced.
- We highly recommend you do not tense while you are lifted. The feeling of flight is a foreign experience to most and your initial reaction will be to tense. That is normal, but just relax all your muscles and concentrate on the placement of your feet.
- In order to Lift off the water, you must place your weight on your back foot to allow the board to exit the water, but once it is elevated you need to shift your weight forward to balance the board and fly.
- Remember you need to remain above a certain speed to stay lifted. If you do not add enough speed, you will not lift off the water.
- DO NOT push the throttle all the way down, slowly increase the speed and you will gain enough speed to elevate off the water.
- Maintain a steady speed once elevated.
- Remember, where you look, your body turns and the board will follow.By increasing your speed when lifted, you will turn more seamlessly.
- To stop the board, simply let go of the throttle.
- If you feel you are losing your balance and are going to fall, make your best effort to simply jump away from the board and foil. Do not try to correct. You want to avoid crashing into your equipment and will gradually find an easy way to fall off into the water; it is part of the experience. Just get back on the board and keep riding.
What happens if I run low on battery while riding the eFoil?
The controllers will automatically throttle you back to a low power setting allowing you to get back to shore safely.
BOARDS – How many boards do I have to choose from?
Liftfoils Europe offers two boards: The E1 & the E1 Sport.
What is the difference between the E1 and the E1 Sport?
- Measurements: 5’6 x 28’
- Offers more stability and flotation
- Easier to ride
- Factory recommended for riders 100-220 lbs.
- Measurements: 5’ x 25.5’
- Sporty; makes tighter turns.
- Factory recommended for riders 100-185 lbs.
Which board is right for me?
Both the E1 and the E1 Sport have the same features.
However, if you prefer more stability and an easier ride to cruise the waters the E1 may be a better option. Also, if you weigh above 84 kg or 185 lbs, a bigger board, the E1, is the way to go.
If you prefer something more sporty or if you weigh under 63 kg or 140 lbs then the E1 Sport is right for you.
It depends on your personal preference and weight.
Is one board better than the other?
No. Both boards are of the highest quality and construction. It depends on the rider’s preference and weight.
Is there a price difference between the E1 and the E1 Sport?
No. Both boards cost the same.
WARRANTIES – Does the eFoil have any warranties?
Yes. A one-year manufacturer’s limited warranty, https://liftfoils.com/efoil-warranty/
What does the limited warranty cover?
The manufacturer’s limited warranty covers any defects in material or workmanship under normal use during the warranty period.
During the warranty period, we’ll replace, at no extra charge*, products or parts of a product that proves defective because of improper material or workmanship, under normal use and maintenance.
*You are responsible for all shipping costs.
How long does the coverage last?
One (1) year from the date of purchase.
What will we do to correct problems?
Liftfoils Europe will either repair the eFoil at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts or send you a new one.
What do you have to do?
To obtain warranty service, you must first contact us to determine the problem and the most appropriate solution for you.
RETURNS – Can I return my eFoil ?
All eFoil sales are final.
What do I do if I receive damaged product?
We strive to satisfy our customers.You may return your board* and we will inspect it and determine if the board is damaged and should be replaced or the money refunded.
Liftfoils Europe SHIPPING, REFUND & REPLACEMENT
- You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning any item. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
- If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
- Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your damaged item. We will immediately notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
- If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment).
- You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer’s policies.
Please let us know if you are missing anything in our Liftfoils Europe FAQs.
You will find information at liftfoils.com